Board Development & Governance Services
At a time when every not-for-profit organisation must maximise its skills and expertise, a strong, confident board lends a huge advantage. Research about why organisations are successful repeatedly tells us that good quality leadership at board level is essential. This applies whether you are large or small; volunteer-led or with many paid staff.
So all aspects of a board need to be carefully considered; the size of the group, the range of skills, the professional knowledge, and the balance of personalities are just a few. The board may need different emphasises at different stages of an organisation’s growth.
No two boards are exactly the same, so we create a bespoke development package for each organisation, according to its circumstances. READ Consultancy offers:
- Whole board training on legal roles and responsibilities
- Governance audits to establish an organisation’s legal compliance
- Skills audits for board members
- Support in succession planning and board member recruitment
- Facilitated sessions on business planning or visioning for boards
- One to one governance advisory services for chairs and senior staff members
- Headhunting for a new chairperson
- Developing the active role of boards within fundraising
This list is not exhaustive, so please discuss your particular interests with us. Any initial telephone conversation to assess your needs is entirely confidential and free, with no obligation.
Contact us now to book your free consultation